Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Final Mouth Art Tool (F I N)


I made some refinements to the tool to have a more secure (brush/pen/pencil/etc.) holder. The mouth piece has also been angled for better ergonomics. For the time being, injection molded Polypropylene will be used. May need to use a better (but more $) material because I'm sure it's a good idea to mold the lock ring thread in PP. Many thanks to David Skinlo for material knowledge. David is a mechanical engineer in the medical device industry. Other materials suggested include PEEBAX, PEEK and PFA.

The product has been named "Fin"; due to its orca-like fish tail form.

Click on image to enlarge

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
DaveBrown1973 said...

Is this item for sale? I am trying to purchase such an item for my paralysed niece who loves to paint, it's perfect.