Thursday, January 11, 2007

Design for Disability Competition

I'm currently trying to organize a design competition to promote better product design for people with disabilities. Hope this will be a catalyst to get more designers interested in this challenging area. All the mentioned judges are confirmed! They are industry leaders in their respective field which makes it all the more exciting. In the process of preparing a full proposal to seek a co-organizer and.or sponsor for the event. Plans are also hatching to include an exhibition to showcase winning and selected entries. This will also be a platform for designers to mingle and exchange ideas.

Please be reminded that this is still WORK-IN-PROGRESS.

4 comments:

EVictorSr said...

I like this idea. It addresses a real need. Count me in! I do new product design engineering.

Woogle said...

Could I have your email? Would like to send you some updates.

Sue Rokosz said...

Please check out www.davinciawards.org. The da Vinci Awards recognize innovation in assistive technology. I sent you an e-mail a while ago encouraging you to submit your rocking crutch design for a da Vinci Award. I can be reached at srokosz@ford.com

LisaJay said...

what a GREAT idea! much success to you!