Thursday, June 28, 2007

How it went at Love and Money


The talk at Love and Money [for me] went "OK". The presentation started with about 10 people, but by the end of my presentation the place was full [much to my surprise]. I was surprised to see former classmates, met new faces and established some much useful contacts. Hope to get the opportunity to speak more about my work and meet more people in events like these. I really have Sunitha and Patriana from the British Council to thank for. Preparation was more work than I anticipated but it was a good chance to reflect on my past projects.

I also managed to sit in the talks by Stephen Lau and Morag Myerscough [which was very inspirational]. They reminded me that I am not the only designer struggling to balance making a living and doing what I want. But the results they produce really makes me wanna go back to the studio and pour more effort and really make the projects happen. Pity I couldn't join Pecha Kucha [a chit-chat between designers] because I had something on with my wife that night.

2 comments:

Tuty Liana said...

Do you interested to join me to hear a talk about Adab in design at UiTM on 17 July 9-10am. May be i can try to ask the organizer if u can to give a talk about it..anything do email me

JacobMoore said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.